Sunday, December 5, 2010

Big Fish!

OK, so little fish may more appropriately describe what we caught, but my first fishing experience was big time fun! I learned lots of new words like fishing rod and kayak, and I had tons of fun playing with the fishing rod, net, and fake worm bait.

On Thanksgiving Day, the entire family headed down to the dock to try our luck.
Beautiful day? Check. Life vest? Check. We're ready to go.
We forgot one... Beer? Check. Sammy and Uncle Scott guard an essential for fishing fun.
Big V shows me where he keeps his minnows. Live bait!
These are slimy suckers!Sam rocks his spiky hair wherever he goes.
Uncles Pat and Doc show me how its done.
I prefer the net to a fishing rod.
Uncle Scotty wishes he could swipe my net.
Mom tries to steal a hug.
Sam and Aunt Katie are happy spectators.
We caught one! This pin fish might not be big, but I'm still not sure about touching it.
From glub glub to gobble gobble... headed home after a good time fishing to eat some turkey!

On another fishing trip, Sammy and I brought along Big V and Nana and our moms. We had a little more luck this time.
Big V got me a Spider Man fishing rod!
I'm ready to take Spidey for a spin.Nana shows off a fresh catch.
Big V and Spidey caught another one! Sammy is pumped to touch this pin fish.
After a little hesitation, I do too.
Moms and their boys.
Liam, do I look as silly in my life vest as you do?
No Sam, you're too cute (another word I learned this week: What is Sammy? Cute.).
Thanks for a great time fishing, Nana and Big V!

No comments:

Post a Comment