Liam - needless, to say, he was obsessed. He especially liked identifying and following the captain of each team ("Dempsey the Captain scores!" "Vincent Kompany is the captain!"), and has special disdain for diving. He can watch a full game intently while providing play-by-play and says things such as "the woodwork saved him there," "Get up, Schweinsteiger," and "I just know this is going to go to PKS."
Declan - true to his personality, was mostly disinterested on the outside, until I would catch him singing "Ole, Ole Ole, Ole" (at the playground during one of Liam's baseball games) and "I believe that we will win, I believe that we will win" (on the couch during US-Germany). Secretly a fan. And then I overhear him asking a kid at the pool "Do you know Clint Dempsey?" Our silent observer strikes again.
Maggie - typically wakes up from naps towards the end of the games. Rouses everyone by screaming "Go! Go! Go!" at the top of her lungs. Due to her attitude and prowess with a soccer ball has been nicknamed "the Little General" in our house, ala Messi.
#ibelievethatwewillwin
USA pride on our driveway!
Oh, and we also like Ninja Turtles.
Dad joined the supporters at 3 Lions with Cousin Kev.
In addition to World Cup fever, we also have swimming fever. Declan has been in lessons all of June (complete with a crush on his teacher, Miss Amanda!), and Liam has been swimming for the Mudskippers, the 4 and 5-year-old swim team of the Sundance Sailfish. He competed in the Mudskippers meet and swam a whole lap!
Mudskipper at the ready.
With his buddy Charlotte.
Cheetahs as sharks! Soccer teammates Matthew, Zed, and Liam are ready to race.
Maggie loves waving to her brother Liam, who she calls "Bruth."
Swimming! (With a big kid for support)
Way to go, Liam!
No comments:
Post a Comment