Thursday, April 2, 2020

Mexico!

My dad died on February 3rd of last year. For the anniversary, we didn't want my mom to be alone, and we wanted to be together, but didn't want anyone to have to host. After tossing around various ideas, we landed on Mexico. Which was amazing, until Kevin got food poisoning from eating a room service burger. It wasn't the trip we expected, but it was good to be together.

Fish tacos and margaritas all day!

We went for all of the cheesiness the first night.



We spent the first morning on a beautiful snorkeling trip through the second biggest barrier reef in the world (of which I have zero pictures). We saw a set turtle, nurse shark, and barracuda before heading back to the hotel and hitting the beach.


All dressed up and ready to go watch the Super Bowl in Spanish and without commercials!


The irony is I spent most of the trip with Patrick. Katie took Kevin to the hospital, and my mom went over there a few times, so Patrick and I had a lot of hanging out time. We just don't have anything to document it. ;)

But luckily we did document my mom's flaming drink.
And I returned home to this sweet ode to Baby Yoda.

No comments:

Post a Comment