Monday, September 23, 2013

Ode to Declan

Now that Declan is officially two and a half, I thought we could give a little shout out to our funny two year old and save some of his more famous quotes for posterity.  I think two is pretty much the funniest age, and Declan is no slouch in the laughs department.

Some of our favorites:
- "You're killing me nuts."  A combination of 2 mom phrases, "You're killing me" and "this is driving me nuts."
- "You are a piece of junk, Mommy!"  I quickly learned to stop yelling at our Keurig that it is a piece of junk.
- "Let's go people. Mommy, you're a slowpoke driver."  Again, must learn to shut my mouth.
- "Me feeling jealous." Note that this is usually said when there is nothing to be jealous of.
- Me: "Declan, don't you ever, ever hit your sister with a badminton racquet." Declan: "Me no hit Maggie with a badminton racquet!  Me hit her with a golf club."
- Declan: "Fine then." Me: "Fine then." Declan: "No you say fine then. Only me say fine then."
- Me: "Declan, do you want cream cheese or butter on you bagel?" Declan: "Nothing!" Delay. "Butter." While other toddlers love to say "no", Declan prefers "nothing."
- "Me favorite song is 'Football in my pants."  Yes, our boys love that Peyton and Eli Manning video.
 
A late addition...I don't know how I forgot this one:
- "Me have a penis AND a wiener.  Maggie has a gogina."
 




No comments:

Post a Comment